Interested in getting a 5 star Salesforce chatbot for customer support, and leverage Service Cloud to deliver excellent customer service and inside sales communication? We’ve got you covered.
Introducing Salesforce chatbots
Rather than Salesforce Chatbot, the company calls them Einstein Bots. Never mind the name: what are they exactly? Generally speaking, a bot is an autonomous online program that interacts with clients, users, or systems. Think of it as a computer chess player. A ‘person’ to learn a new language with, online. Or an online customer service rep (chatbot) to help you get your faulty new shoes replaced.
Salesforce Einstein bots
Einstein bots are part of the overall Salesforce artificial intelligence solution. They are chatbots, i.e. applications that simulates human conversation via text messages or even in spoken language in some cases.
You might be thinking: which customer wants to talk to a computer instead of a real human being? Well, I do at times. This is why:
Chatbots are made to be highly efficient. They don’t waste time of either the sales or service rep, nor me, the prospect. They ask questions as precise as needed to understand my/the prospect’s issue. E.g. They quickly bring the conversation to: what type of shoe you have, what’s your size, what’s the problem, when and where did you buy them, still have the receipt?, can you take a photo of the problem? Then, as soon as they understand the problem, they provide with the best available answer.
If a prospect wants to talk to a human, that’s possible too. The Salesforce bot will simply collect the information needed to find out who the right person is to answer the case, and put the chatbot conversation in that person’s queue.
Salesforce chatbots for service cloud can deliver excellent customer service, or sales, fast
There are many options for business rules and processes to be set around bots.
Let’s look how a bot might get my faulty shoe problem resolved:
- It’s possible to configure the bot (and related artificial intelligence and automations) so that it compare the picture of my shoe with what that shoe is supposed to look like.
- Then, it can classify it as faulty, and I can have a new pair send to me.
- Quite likely, before a replacement shipping request is send to the warehouse, a Customer Service rep (a real person) will look my case over, via an approval process, and veto the transaction.
Can it get any faster? Barely so and that’s good for everyone:
- An efficient sales communication or customer service resolution process is perfect for customers.
- Speedy resolution is also desirable from a business point-of-view, particularly when efficiency boosts customer service ratings, and thus future sales.
- Chatbots also enables inside sales or customer service team to handle more customers at the same time. Bots do a lot of their work and can (almost) completely solve the easiest cases. For the harder and more costly case resolutions, a human rep still get involved. But even then, the resolution will be faster as the bot will have already collected & recorded all required customer information in Salesforce. It saves both time and promotes data completion and accuracy.
If you have Salesforce Service Cloud, you are already halfway there. Enable and configure LiveMessage and Snap-in. Then get its Einstein Bots to work for you.
If you don’t have Salesforce Service Cloud yet, let us quickly set this up for you, so you can be in the game with all the best goodies to deliver great customer service.
Learn more – Sservice cloud implementation consulting
Chatbots for sales
So bots are great to chat with customers for customer service delivery. But no one said that chatbots are solely for customer service: they are equally great to chat with new sales leads.
An effective customer experience can be created, if prospects can use a chatbot to ‘self-serve’: via conversational language search and get answers to their general purchasing-related questions.
At some point, the prospect will be ready to talk to a Sales rep. By that time, the prospect will be close to purchasing, and already knows your company and products.
Reach for the stars with a Salesforce chatbot
I mean, reach for 5 stars. Honestly, the sky is the limit on how useful and brand building your chatbots can be for your organisation. You can really bring both your sales and service processes up from good to great. A chatbot can print text an answer to simple questions, but they also post a most engaging video link that talks about some of the more complex aspects of your products.
Salesforce Chatbot Best Practices
Some tips for you consider when you’re designing the solutions for your company, so that you’re adopting Salesforce Chatbot Best Practices from the get go:
- Personalise every greeting, as that’s friendly and more natural
- Be conversational as dynamically asks different questions based on customer inputs as that’s more engaging.
- Create interactive FAQ’s rather than merely sending the customer to a webpage
- Use rich text and content, rather than boring text-only messages to engage customers and better convey messages
- Ask sales and service reps which easy process steps should be embraced by your bot setup and be automated.
- Even though your project may be ‘inside sales’-driven, or ‘service’ driven, be sure to involve both departments so that it will bring benefits to both.
After you have worked out the broad strokes of your Einstein bot processes and key features you’re after, then there are also many technical choices to be made.
While we believe that companies can get started formulating the objectives of the bot, etc. soon after they are better off involving a specialist consultant who will guide them through the process of design and configuration.
Get set for a Salesforce chatbot
Salesforce is all about ‘clicks not code’ when it comes to software setup. But there is a limit to what you can expect from your inhouse Salesforce Administrator. Configuring a chatbot is something where hiring a consultancy like CloudAnalysts can get you set up faster and better, as we can smoothly guide you through the process and deal with technical aspects of it all.
Often some time is needed for your business departments to amend their sales or service processes. Someone needs to create content assets to take advantage of new Salesforce technology, such as chatbots. And you’ll need to set up an optimisation process, that will periodically improves the setup.
We at CloudAnalysts are experts at identifying what will work best for a particular client and veering them to the most -befitted path for success. We start with embedding best practices for conversation design into your basic chat bot- idea. Often the best path means a relatively simple configuration to get started, and a roadmap for further technological integration, more advanced data mapping, etc.
Soon every business will have a Salesforce chatbot
There is no doubt about it that many businesses will soon start experimenting with chatbots.
“Chatbots will power 85% of all customer service interactions by 2020.”said Gartner, a few years ago. And indeed, many companies have some sort of chat /chatbot functionality on their website.
If you read this far into the article, you are probably interested in adopting artificial intelligence for your organisation. What would you do like to your chatbot to do for you? If you have a clear picture of a goal you wish to accomplish, don’t hesitate to reach out to us to help you make it a reality.
You have no chatbot goal just yet?
Not having a minimum artificial intelligence strategy is rather risky. If Gartner is right with that prediction, it means that your customers – in just a year from now – will start having conversations with your competitor, and not with you. So today is the time to
— an Salesforce #AI solution