Yesterday, at the London Salesforce Marketing Cloud User Group (newly dubbed by Salesforce as B2C Marketing User Group), we featured two talks: First, a demo of Commerce Cloud w Social & AI by Zara Ferjana, followed by our co-host Kerry Townsend (both from Accenture, who sponsored the venue of the event). Second talk was on Google Analytics 360 Marketing Cloud – an implementation case study, by Younnis Abbad-Andaloussi. The event was hosted on by our own Jimson Lee, from CloudAnalysts, who also led the Marketing Cloud Q&A at the end of the event.
Google 360 SFMC Case Study
I want to highlight this second talk on Google Analytics 360 with Marketing Cloud – an implementation case study, which we have here on tape for you below.
Nowadays, Customer Journey Analysis is the most valuable tool for Conversion Rate Optimisation (CRO) — think: A/B testing on steroids–. And that’s what Google Analytics 360 with Marketing Cloud is all about.
- You have to get your Google Analytics in order, first.
- It takes at least 3 months to set Google Analytics 360 and Marketing Cloud up properly, technically and marketing-wise. Estimate at least 6 weeks for discovery, mostly for the Google Analytics side. The technical Marketing Cloud setup is about 10% of the work.
- You have to really plan carefully, and know exactly what you want to get out of it before you get started: journeys, audiences, goals, results. What are you trying to achieve? — Answering this question in detail is key to the solution you’ll be creating.
Nice to Know
- Out of the box, GA 360 and Marketing Cloud comes with Automatic UTM tagging. This is a major long-term advantage: saves times and avoids error.
- E.g. Google Analytics 360 Audiences are now defined as a list of customers who meet a certain criteria.
- Tracking needs to be enabled for each journey.
- Analytics dashboards report on sends via Journey Builders (but not guided sends or other sends.)
- Channel Analytics: in GA
- Individual emails sends: in SFMC.
GA 360 Marketing Cloud – Case Study Video
Video with demo of Commerce Cloud with AI & Social Studio
Below is the video of the other talk by Zara, who walked us through a US demo. It was nice to see that this was an interactive demo. Enjoy:
And that covers it.
>> Find all our Meetup videos here.
>> Find info on the next user group events on our home page.
Last Updated on April 18, 2023